Omid Memarian

Friday, November 23, 2007

A Profile and Joy of Writing....

Among all the forms we choose to write, I enjoy profiling the most. This format let the author to explore individual's life, passions, crucial moments, feeling and intellectuals findings. A few weeks ago I profiled a galeryowener in Oakland, Svea Lin Vezzone. The original piece is almost 3000 words. However after lots of edits that was done by me and the one of the editors in Novometro, which is becoming one of the leading local websites in Bay Area, is has squeezed to something less than 2000 words. But, still, it says a lot about the Swarm Gallery, Svea and art in this region. I recieved an email from Svea a few weeks after the interview was published. She told me that the piece fits to her spirit and the gallery, accroding the to the people who have read it.

Here is the link to the interview.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home