Omid Memarian

Wednesday, December 07, 2005


Plane Crash in Tehran; 116 Died!

Many of journalists, reporters, photojournalists, TV journalists died in a plane crash today. I am sad, so sad. The most unbelievable day since I remember. I knew some of them. Mohammad sadegh Nili was one of them. I just talked with him at the end of March at a press conference in Tehran. For more than two hours. I am so sad, he will not come back home tonight. He was just 26 years old. The C-130 was under the American sanction. It was old and worn out. One of my friends called me from Tehran. “How politics is dirty sometimes”, he said. I am so sad, while my friends are sorrow-stricken, i can not share my condolence with them..., with Nili's family and the others. Ah......

Iran plane crash kills 115 Washington Times
All 94 people on crashed Iran plane feared deadReuters
Plane hits tower block and leaves 116 dead, Telegraph, UK

2 Comments:

At 11:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Omid,

I think I recognize some of the cameramen that I met at the environmental conference last May. I feel so sad, too. Is there a place where there is a complete list of the names of those on board?

Marcia

 
At 4:14 PM , Blogger Omid Memarian said...

there is, but in farsi. do you consider any specific name?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home