Omid Memarian

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Three Iranian Women Activists Arrested!


As you are aware, over the past several months, a group of women Iranian activists (including but not limited to scholars and journalists) have been active in a campaign to gather signatures to urge the Iranian officials to change the unfair laws pertaining to women's rights in Iran. Three of these activists, Tala't Taghinia, Mansoureh Shojaie, and Farnaz Seify were arrested this morning in Tehran while attempting to board a plane to attend a workshop in India.

http://herlandmag.net/news/07,01,27,10,51,19/

I would like to urge you or your organization to look into this heinous and unfair incident, to promote awareness of this incident, and to ask the Islamic Republic of Iran for immediate release of these women. It is feared that this might be the beginning of a large scale attempt to arrest and silence all women involved with the "1,000,000 Signatures Campaign." I implore you to take immediate and effective action with respect to this incident.

3 Comments:

At 12:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Omid,

Your speaking commend of English is poor. I know this because I have heard you struggle with the English language. However, your writing commend of English is strong.

Are you a front for someone else?

I am very skeptical. I bet what you write is NOT your work.

 
At 1:46 AM , Blogger Omid Memarian said...

I study English everyday and also write in English regularly. To send the message out clearly somebody, or sometimes a few people, help me to edit the texts. I hope one say I write with no edit in the coming future....

 
At 2:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Masoud Behnoud,Faroukh Negahdar,Houshang Amirahmadi...@Irvine. California, Sat feb 3
http://societyfordemocracyiniran.org

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home